After the first version being eminent and creating a mark, a call for entries are open for the most prestigious Corporate Social Responsibility Awards in Bangladesh: A Better Tomorrow™ CSR Summit & Awards organised by The Daily Star and CSR Window. This first-of-its-kind annual nationwide initiative aims to create dialogues for future development and sustainability solutions and recognise corporates for their innovative and world-class CSR initiatives, social projects and programmes implemented for sustainable impacts in the society.
The initiative kicks off featuring CSR dialogues and webinars that will bring together corporate heads, central and local government representatives and root-level development leaders via dialogues covering issues faced by the marginalised communities across all 8 divisions of Bangladesh, and changes that need to be put in place. CSR Dialogues will be held every week leading up to the main CSR Summit & Awards gala event held at the nation’s capital in November this year. The main event will feature the biggest names in the corporate and development sectors in a series of four engaging webinars on pressing issues, and a grand CSR Award ceremony to honour the most impactful CSR programmes in support of Bangladesh’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The dialogues, webinars and the CSR Summit & Awards gala event will be broadcasted LIVE on The Daily Star’s and CSR Window’s social media platforms to enhance reach and enable local community representatives to voice their concerns to the panels.
All corporates operating in Bangladesh- public and private – are welcome to submit their CSR projects as nominations for the CSR Awards. There is no entry fee, and each company may enter as many submissions under multiple categories as per their desire. The deadline for the submission of the entries is 30th September 2022. Entry details and submission forms are available at csrawardsbd.com
Juries featuring seven locally distinguished judges from a variety of disciplines will determine the finalists and the CSR Award winners for all 7 categories. Winners will be announced and honoured through a gala event, conditions permitting.
The CSR Awards will recognise achievements across every facet of social responsibilities. Categories include:
1. Best CSR in Education Program: This award will be given to the corporates that has implemented a project designed specifically towards large scale literacy and education for children and/or adults with sustainable and long-term prospects.
2. Best CSR in Healthcare: This will be awarded to the corporate that has designed, innovated, and successfully implemented initiatives in improving the infrastructure or existing mechanisms of healthcare solutions in Bangladesh.
3. Best CSR in Environmental Impact: This will be awarded to the corporate that has integrated environmental projects and initiatives into its sustainable development strategy and has delivered outcomes to fight climate change.
4. Best CSR in Community Engagement: This will be awarded to a corporate that has delivered positive change in improving the living standard of communities under distress, struggle, or other forms of socio-economic crisis.
5. Best CSR in Disaster Response: This category will recognise localised strategies and efforts intended to tackle natural disasters all over the country, that have resulted in a commendable effect on public health and safety during or after the situation.
6. Best CSR in Financial Inclusion: This award will be given to a corporate that has created initiatives or education programs which enabled communities to start growing out of poverty through personal finance, entrepreneurship, or financial literacy.
7. Young Humanitarian of the Year: This award will be given to a young changemaker below 40 years of age who has delivered inspiring and meaningful transformations in improving lives or has displayed exceptional leadership skills in influencing communities positively toward achieving the SDGs.
The CSR Summit will bring together Corporates, Lawmakers, NGOs, and Development Sector leaders to discuss key issues on Sustainable CSR practices each year. The CSR Summit will also focus on possible solutions to tackle unique socio-economic issues all across the country.
A Better Tomorrow™ CSR Summit & Awards are to be held annually, featuring CSR campaigns, dialogues and corresponding initiatives throughout the year. The summit and awards aim to inspire corporates and individuals to focus on CSR and other development activities which support the government in achieving the SDGs for a better tomorrow.